Wednesday, February 22, 2012

guilty of thinking i'm older than i actually am

my car is in the shop. he's having a hard time maintaining homeostasis. his radiator keeps overheating, which isn't helped by the fact that he's regurgitating antifreeze. he's really sick.
so, my road companion has been the suburban.
pros/cons to driving the suburban:
pro: the suburban is the grandpa of the car family at my house, so he comes with all sorts of old timey perks. one is a tape converter. this means i can hook up my phone via this out of fashion device, and blast the old hits that are the only thing that can satisfy me lately.
con: my honda is a v6, which means it accelerates really fast, but my huge suburban, not so much. unfortunately for my suburban, i have a lead foot, and when i push to hard/fast on the accelerator, it will do a sad, pathetic little lurch to try and catch up. lets just say it's taken me a little longer than usual to get to school.
pro: the suburban is a hulk, and driving it makes me feel safe. i'm never worried about dying if someone hits me. i don't think it would even dent the beast.
con: the suburban is a hulk. even though i don't worry about myself, the fact that my car could crush another is unsettling.
pro: the heater works wonders in the morning. i'm cold for about two seconds, and then my face is burning from the 90* air blowing from the vents.
con: the ac is broken. this is a problem because of this strange weather we've been having. after school there is nothing worse then getting into my car thats been baking on the drag all day and having the metal on the seat belts burn me.
pro: its a car, and i don't have to walk or take the bus to school. and i feel pretty darn cool with my windows rolled down, and oldies blasting. if you see me driving me by, honk and i might just give you an "i'm to cool for you" nod.

No comments: