Monday, October 11, 2010

when i was younger

when i was in 1st grade i was scared of the movie ET, and i made a girl in my classs, cassandra cry becasue i told her there were zombies in the gym. after that she moved, and i've never seen her again.

when i was in second grade i was in love with a boy named zach huff, and i was jealous that he always talked to megan, so i threw wood chips at her during recess.

when i was in third grade i took karate and i thought that i was really good at it. this kid jordan said that he didnt think that girls should do karate, so i punched him and made him cry.

fourth  grade was the worst grade in the history of elementary school, and i try to block it out of my mind, but i'm sure i did something terrible to somebody.

when i was in fifth grade i pretended to like school because it was important to my mom.

when i was in sixth grade i got onto student council and i really liked school so i wasnt pretending anymore. i mostly just liked school because for half the day i could give out balloons and have races with the recycle bins.

                                      elementary was hard. i was a weird child.

when i was in seventh grade i loved mckay and was offended when he didn't say hi to me in the halls. i gave him the silent treatment for the rest of the year. and mack stole notes out of my locker with metal hangers. (no one is sure how he did that.)

when i was in eigth grade i was a brat, and i didn't like very many people. the best time in my life was problem solving because there were awesome people that i was cooler then, and the teacher was awesome. bronson is the best.

when i was in ninth grade i thought i ruled the school. i didn't care about my school work, something i very much regret now, and i lead a number of kids in open rebelion. (only in chior. and outside of it. don't worry mama, it wasn't anything too bad.)

                                        i thought jr. high would be the death of me.

when i was a shopmore everything started to change. something whipped me into shape and i started to actually do my school work. things changed, and people moved on. i learned what forgivness is, and i started to let my testimony grow. i surrounded myself with people i actually liked to be with.

now i'm a junior.
my story is still growing, and so am i .
i know there will be things that are going to be hard for me, but looking back at my life, i know that i will be able to handle it.
i am so grateful to the friends that helped me make it through my "Lost Years."
i'm grateful for whatever it was that got me thinking.
i'm grateful for brother vest who was the one that sparked my waining testimony.
i'm grateful for my family that i have grown so close with.
i'm grateful for the trials heavenly father has given me, and for sending his son to help me with them.
i know that my heavenly father doesn't give me things that i cant handle, only things that will help me grow into the person he knows i can be.
i love my savior, and feel his love as i read the scriptures and pray to him.
i can't wait until the day i can see his face again, and tell him how much he has helped me.
i love the life i'm living, because i know it is the life i need.

3 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

That was awesome!

The Hurst Family said...

I'm totally crying right now. You're the best. I've loved watching you blossom for the past couple of years. I love you forever. mom

Unknown said...

i am crying to {not really though} i love you cam i never thought you were a weird child but mainley because i am weirder than you.