Monday, March 5, 2012

for the longest time

I hope to be married to my best friend.
someone who will hold my hand as we drive, while singing far to loudly to billy joel.
i'll make him breakfast, and he'll do the laundry.
he'll get me NyQuil when i'm sick, and i'll crochet him many afghans.
we'll buy our furniture from D.I. to save money for trips, and he'll surprise me with chocolate and doctor pepper as i sew him skinny ties.
he'll kiss my forehead, and i'll kiss his cheek.
we'll laugh at dirty jokes, and continue to grow together.
he'll try to teach me to be on time, and how to save, and i'll laugh.
we'll argue about things that don't matter, and find a way to get through the things that do.
we'll have cupcakes and hot dogs at our wedding, and let off 99 red balloons.
i'll write him love letters in the lunches i'll pack for him, and wear his sweatshirts when he's out of town.
he'll hold the priesthood, and be worthy to use it, and he'll give my kids father's blessings.
we'll be married for time and all eternity in one of the lords houses, and we will have the kind of love that is always growing.

No comments: