Sunday, July 25, 2010

put on my blue suede shoes and i borded the plane.
touch down in the land of the delta blues in the middle of the pourin' rain.
wc handy wont you look down over me, cause i've got a firt class ticket, and i'm blue as a boy can be.
walking in memphis, walking with my feet ten feet off the feild,
walking in memphis, do i really feel the way i feel.
saw the ghost of elvis, down on union avenue.
followed him up to the gates of graceland, watched him walk right through.
security they did not see him, they just hovered round his tomb,
theres a pretty little thing, waitin on the king, down in the jungle room.
walking in memphis, walking with my feet ten feet off the feild,
walking in memphis, do i really feel the way i feel.
they've got catfish on the table,
they've got gospel in the air,
and reverend green, be glad to see you, when you havn't got a prayer!
you've got a prayer in memphis.
now muriel plays the piano, every friday at the hollywood.
and they brought me down to see her,
and they asked me if i would, do a little number,
and i sang with all my might. she said, son are you a christian, and i said ma'm i am tonight.
walking in memphis, walking with my feet ten feet off the feild.
do i really feel the way i feel.

all i want is some blue suede shoes.

No comments: