Thursday, February 19, 2009

i hope they call me on a mission

so, i had the most amazing experience yesterday night. My school choir had the chance to go sing the national anthem at the grizzlies hockey game. It was really fun being with my friends. i really didn't watch the game. All i know is the grizzlies didn't win, and there wasn't a fight.
well, there were a lot of English guys who came to Utah with their school. they were skiing and snowboarding. well, me and a group of my friends were talking to some of them, and we were talking about how we are Mormons. well, they weren't really interested in that, but we gave them a for strength of youth pamphlet that my friend had. i don't think it was a coincidence that she had one.
Well, later me and my friend Erin were walking around and we meet another group of English boys, and we talked to them for a long time about Mormons, and we gave them a for strength of youth pamphlet too! I felt so good to have maybe made someone a little curious about the gospel, i almost started crying at the hockey game. when i got home i did cry. I could tell that i was sent to help these boys, and i don't think my friend just randomly grabbed a for strength of youth pamphlet, i think that heavenly father used us as instruments in his hands. i envy the missionaries because they get to bring people to the gospel all the time.

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

awww. that is what it is all about. I am so happy you had that experience, even though you will never know if they even join, it is a good feeling knowing you are doing the lord's work.

The Hurst Family said...

Way to STAND FOR TRUTH AND RIGHTOUSNESS Cammie. That is a great experience. Thanks for sharing it. Love mom